- To be God-fearing: We are dependent on God in all that we are and do.We seek to glorify Jesus and not ourselves.We seek to build his Kingdom.
- To promote networking between Christians: We value collaborative action especially by the Christian community in all its different expressions,to positively impact children at risk.
- To see children as our most important citizens: We value the well-being of all children and we recognise the power of God in transforming lives and their communities.Therefore we strive with compassion to influence the lives of children for good,to achieve justice for them and to restore individual well-being, self worth and joy,and to have fun,especially for those at risk.
- To respond to the needs of children at risk in a Christ like manner:We value the call God has given us to be a part of His Kingdom here on earth in working with and for children.
- To promote quality care for children at risk: We value excellence,diligence, integrity,professionalism and creativity in caring for children.Therefore we will work together to see the quality of our work continually improving, where mistakes are learnt from,and success is celebrated, and where we find it a joy to engage in our work.
- A citywide network allows members to maintain individual autonomy whilst providing a solid platform for joint action.
- Whole communities and cities are transformed as a wide spectrum of civil society players collaborates to achieve an outcome.
- As a network we are empowered to fill the gaps In the Christian response to caring for children.
- The autonomy of members Is not affected but they benefit from being part of something bigger and more effective.
- Working with new partners often generates imaginative ideas that genuinely connect with surrounding needs.
- When resources,efforts and contacts are combined,a greater number of children are helped and attitude and systems are transformed.
- The inevitable result of networking is real and lasting transformation in the lives of children at risk.
100,000 children in Uganda impacted by 2017
- During our current 5 year strategy, we are working together to achieve the following:
- Together CRANE members will aim to positively impact at least 100,000 children, to receive specific programmes or activities or services, designed to bring positive change to their lives whereby these services have been enhanced by being a part of the network;
- Empower at least 100 churches to prioritize children ministry and provide a safe place for children to be;
- Equip at least 500 organisations to make a positive change current practices in working with children;
- See a core group of at least 25 members regularly advocating to government on children’s issues under the umbrella of CRANE;
- Engage at least 1000 duty bearers in upholding the laws of Uganda in favor of the child.